$2,000 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 21, 2023 by 5:00pm EST
Seven (7) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to members who are currently seniors in high school and will be attending a college, university, or trade school in Fall 2022. (Zeal Credit Union and Zeal Credit Union Foundation, Inc. employees, elected or appointed officials and their dependents are ineligible to apply for the high school scholarships.)
The Al Williams Scholarship*
This scholarship is named after the Credit Union’s co-founder and first Chief Executive Officer, Al Williams.
The Harlan Richardson Scholarship*
This scholarship honors the memory of longtime Credit Union volunteer alumnus, Harlan Richardson.
The Dutch Farr Scholarship*
This scholarship is named after the founder of Detroit Postal Employees Credit Union, Dutch Farr.
The Mark Stroebel Scholarship*
This scholarship is awarded in honor of Mark Stroebel, a co-founder of the Credit Union and former elected board member who served for many years.
The Margaret Kremer-Hehman Scholarship*
This scholarship is named after Margaret Kremer-Hehman, our Credit Union’s co-founder and long-time elected board member.
The William Allen Scholarship*
This scholarship honors William Allen, who served on our board for many years.
The James Cullimore Scholarship*
This scholarship is named after James Cullimore, a former elected board member who served for many years.
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
Eligibility and Requirements:
- All applicants must be attending a college, university, trade, or technical school in Fall 2023.
- The applicant must be a member of Zeal Credit Union before scholarship is awarded**.
- Zeal Credit Union and Zeal Credit Union Foundation, Inc. employees, elected or appointed officials, and their dependents are ineligible to apply.
- Applications, videos, and documentation must be submitted to Zeal Credit Union no later than 5:00pm EST on Tuesday, February 21, 2023. Applications and documentation must be submitted via this site, ZealCU.org at ZealCU.org/Scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients are required to provide a copy of their college or technical school’s acceptance letter before funds will be disbursed.
- Address the following question: Imagine your future self as financially secure. How will you pay it forward?
- No longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds (max size of 200MB).
- Must be uploaded through the online application at ZealCU.org/Scholarship.
- All applicants are responsible for their content.
- All original music, imagery and media associated with the video must be credited. All other music and media must be used with permission of author or composer.
- Only one video per applicant is permitted.
- Zeal Credit Union has the right to disqualify any applicant(s) who does not follow guidelines or presents video content that the credit union considers to be unsuitable for public viewing.
- If you do not have the means to record a video, please email Scholarships@ZealCU.org no later than Thursday, February 9, 2023 for assistance.
- All applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. Applicant videos, all required fields, and responses to questions will be judged leading to the selection of seven well-rounded applicants who display Zeal’s core values of living with character, feeling with empathy, and acting with passion.
- All applications will be verified for accuracy. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the information submitted and without regard to income, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical ability, or familial status.
For more information, please contact us at: Scholarships@ZealCU.org
*A one-time scholarship disbursement will be made in July 2023. Checks are made payable to the school the recipient is attending and will be mailed directly to the school to be applied the recipient’s account. If recipient does not attend as expected, funds should be promptly returned. Applications and documentation must be submitted electronically through the scholarship page of ZealCU.org (ZealCU.org/Scholarship) no later than 5:00pm EST Tuesday, February 21, 2023. All entries shall become property of Zeal Credit Union and Zeal Credit Union Foundation Inc.
**Applicant must be the primary member in good standing on a share account at Zeal Credit Union before the scholarship will be awarded. Scholarships will be awarded and announced at our Annual Membership Meeting on March 16, 2023