When it comes to mortgage partners, we stand behind you all the way. With a wide range of mortgage plans, convenient pre-approval, personalized service, and much more, Whether you want to purchase your first home, move up to a larger home or if you have equity in your home, refinance your current mortgage to take advantage of our low rates, we can help. You can also get qualified for a mortgage amount before you find your dream home. This pre-approved mortgage means you can shop and deal for your new property with confidence and financial leverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
First Time Homeowner
Buying a home is a daunting task, but the experienced mortgage representatives at Zeal Credit Union are here to help you through the process. Committing all or most of your life savings and signing up for a mortgage might be the largest and longest financial obligation you’ll ever have, and that can be intimidating. However, if you know what to look for and what to avoid, you can bring a new level of confidence to a process that seems overwhelming.
1. Know what you can afford – use a mortgage calculator
2. Check your credit score – Zeal Credit Union offers a FREE Credit Score Review, visit a branch today!
3. Talk with a Mortgage Specialist
4. Find a home you can afford – make an offer – once you know how much you can afford, it’s time to shop for your home and work with your realtor to make a reasonable offer
5. Apply for your mortgage – close on your loan
Need help, there’s no better place to get help than Zeal Credit Union.
Mortgages can be complex, even if you have gotten one before. Zeal is here to help with an easy to understand breakdown of the mortgage process. Follow these simple steps to simplify your mortgage process.
1. Pre-qualify – Meet with a lender and get a pre-qualification letter
2. Apply – Submit your full application and any required information
3. Provide Documentation – Provide proof of employment, income, assets and debt info
4. Conditional Approval – Ensure approval amount, plus your savings is enough for purchase
5. Check Appraisal – Make sure the property’s appraisal is greater than its asking price
6. Closing – Set a realistic date, transfer your down payment and sign
If you have any questions about how the application process works just give us a call at 800-321-8570 ext. 7299, or email us at email@example.com.
When you’re a homeowner your mortgage payment is your major monthly expense. Lowering your payment, even a little, can really add up. There are five main reasons to refinance, see if one makes sense for you.
1. To Lower Your Payment – This is great unless refinancing for the same term, as you could pay more over time in interest
2. To Lower Your Rate – If rates have dropped, this can be a great idea, but there are several other considerations like the value of your home
3. To Change to a Fixed Interest Rate – If you currently have an adjustable rate mortgage and rates are trending up, this can be a great idea
4. Reduce Your Loans Term – This will help you pay your mortgage off quicker, but it will often increase your monthly payment as well
5. Refinance and Cash Out – If you need cash for an important purchase and have equity in your home, this would allow you to pull some of that money out of your home
Not sure what option is right for you? Zeal Credit Union has the answers.
Shorter Term Mortgage
When most people think mortgages, they think 30-year, fixed rate mortgages. But for those interested in paying off their mortgage sooner, 10 and 15-year options might be a better way to go. Short-term mortgages offer many benefits, including:
1. Lower rates – 10 and 15 year mortgages can offer rates from .25% to .75% lower than their 30-year counterparts
2. Interest savings – those lower rates, plus the shorter terms could save you tens-of-thousands of dollars in interest over the life of your loan
Although the benefits are powerful, there are things to consider when choosing 10 and 15-year mortgages.
1. Higher monthly payments – even the reduced interest rates can’t offset the shorter terms which create increased monthly payments
2. Refinance costs – it’s important to factor in costs associated with refinancing when determining if a shorter-term mortgage is right for you
What’s the best choice for you? We can help.
Home Equity Mortgage
Your home’s equity is the difference between your home’s value and what you still owe on your mortgages. The money that lives in between these two can be used to accomplish many things, including:
1. Improving your home – adding a new addition or improving energy efficiency can save you money but they can also add value to your home
2. Lower interest rates – using the equity in your home for purchases can be more attractive than more traditional credit, like credit cards
3. Debt consolidation – simplify your payments and lower your overall interest rates
4. Manage high education costs – with the cost of education rising so fast, a home equity loan can provide a great way to manage tuition fees
To learn more, speak to a home loans expert today.
One of our mortgage loan specialists is here to help you!