Seven (7) scholarships
will be awarded to students who are currently seniors in high school and will be attending a college, university, or trade school in the Fall.
(Zeal Credit Union employees, elected or appointed officials and their dependents are ineligible to apply for the high school scholarships.)
The Al Williams Scholarship*
This scholarship is named after the Credit Union’s co-founder and first Chief Executive Officer, Al Williams.
The Harlan Richardson Scholarship*
This scholarship honors the memory of longtime Credit Union volunteer alumnus, Harlan Richardson.
The Dutch Farr Scholarship*
This scholarship is named after the founder of Detroit Postal Employees Credit Union, Dutch Farr.
The Mark Stroebel Scholarship*
This scholarship is awarded in honor of Mark Stroebel, a co-founder of the Credit Union and former elected board member who served for many years.
The Margaret Kremer-Hehman Scholarship*
This scholarship is named after Margaret Kremer-Hehman, our Credit Union’s co-founder and long-time elected board member.
The William Allen Scholarship*
This scholarship honors William Allen, who served on our board for many years.
The James Cullimore Scholarship*
This scholarship is named after James Cullimore, a former elected board member who served for many years.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- All applicants must be attending a college, university, trade, or technical school in Fall 2020.
- The applicant or the applicant’s parent/legal guardian must be a member of Zeal Credit Union.
- Zeal Credit Union employees, elected or appointed officials and their dependents are ineligible to apply.
- Applications, videos, and documentation must be submitted to Zeal Credit Union no later than 6:00pm EST by Monday, February 24, 2020. Applications and documentation must be submitted via this site, ZealCU.org at ZealCU.org/Scholarships.
- Scholarship winners are required to provide a copy of their college or technical school’s acceptance letter before funds will be disbursed.
- Address the following question: Imagine your future self as financially secure. How will you pay it forward?
- No longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Must be uploaded through the online application at ZealCU.org/Scholarships.
- All applicants are responsible for their content.
- All original music, imagery and media associated with the video must be credited. All other music and media must be used with permission of author or composer.
- Only one video per applicant is permitted.
- Zeal Credit Union has the right to disqualify any applicant(s) who does not follow guidelines or presents video content that the credit union considers to be unsuitable for public viewing.
- If you do not have the means to record a video, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, February 13, 2020 for assistance.
Protect Yourself! Please do NOT submit documents that include your personal information, like Social Security Number, as this information is not needed in order to consider your application for a Hard Working Scholarship.
- All applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. Applicant videos, all required fields, and responses to questions will be judged leading to the choice of seven well-rounded applicants.
- All applications will be verified for accuracy. Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on the information submitted and without regard to income, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical ability, or familial status.
* A one-time scholarship disbursement will be made in July 2020. Corporate checks are made payable to the recipient and the school attending. Applications and documentation must be submitted electronically through the scholarship page of ZealCU.org
) no later than 6:00pm EST Monday, February 24, 2020. All entries shall become property of Zeal Credit Union.